★★★★★INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK and WORKSHEET EDITION★★★★★
78 pages with 5 activities that focus on the Unit 5 Topic 2: The Changing Face of Cities topic as outlined by the Louisiana State Department of education. These activities focus on answering the following standards and questions:
- 4.2.5 Use the concepts “melting pot,” “salad bowl,” and “cultural mosaic” to explain the impact of immigration on population growth and diversity in the United States.
- 4.3.1 Explain how inventions and new processes affected the lives of people, migration, and the economy of regions of the United States.
- 4.9.2 Identify examples of human, natural, and capital resources and explain how these resources are used to produce goods and provide services.
- 4.9.3 Define the terms profit and risk and explain how they relate to each other.
- 4.9.4 Investigate the relationship between supply, demand, and price.
- 4.9.5 Describe how government pays for goods and services through taxes and fees.
- 4.9.8 Differentiate between money (currency), checks, debit cards, and credit cards and identify advantages and disadvantages of each type of monetary exchange.
- 4.9.9 Define budget, income, and expense and explain the benefits of making and following a budget.
- What factors contributed to immigration of Europeans in the early 20th century?
- What was life like for immigrants living in cities?
- What role did women have in improving conditions in cities?
- What factors led to the Great Migration of African Americans to northern cities?
- How did the movement to these cities change the lives of African Americans?
● Interactive notebook and worksheet versions of all the activities.
● Teacher guides and answer documents.
Activities that have links are currently included and updated within this bundle
- Melting Pot or Salad Bowl
- Cultural Mosaic
- The Changing Face of Cities
- Life in Cities