★★★★★DISTANCE LEARNING EDITION★★★★★
7 Distance Learning activities that focus on the Unit 3 Topic 3 : Settlement of the Acadians topic as outlined by the Louisiana State Department of education.
It also includes the original Interactive and Worksheet Edition Unit 3 Topic 3 – Settlement of the Acadians
This version can be used in both Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams.
These activities focus on answering the following standards and questions:
- 3.1.1 Create timelines that identify important events in the history of Louisiana
- 3.1.3 Use distinctive vocabulary to sequence events related to Louisiana history
- 3.1.6 Compare and contrast the influence of cultural groups in Louisiana
- 3.1.7 Identify community and regional historical artifacts, including primary sources, to answer historical questions
- 3.2.1 Explain how major explorers and leaders contributed to the early development of Louisiana
- 3.2.3 Identify the causes and effects of migration on Louisiana
- 3.2.4 Identify cultural elements that have contributed to the state’s heritage
- 3.4.2 Explain historical patterns of settlement in Louisiana using maps
- 3.4.7 Describe the importance of natural resources in Louisiana using maps
- Claim 1 How did the Acadians come to live in Louisiana?
- Claim 2 How did the Acadians contribute to Louisiana’s heritage?
- Who are the Acadians?
- The Acadians (Google Docs Only)
- Acadian Migration DBQ
- Why Louisiana?
- Where did the Acadians Settle?
- The Effect of the Migrations
- Acadian Influence on Louisiana