★★★★★DISTANCE LEARNING EDITION★★★★★
8 Distance Learning activities that focus on the Unit 3 Topic 2 : Colonization of Louisiana topic as outlined by the Louisiana State Department of education.
It also includes the original Interactive and Worksheet Edition Unit 3 Topic 2 – Colonization of Louisiana
This version can be used in both Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams.
These activities focus on answering the following standards and questions:
- 3.1.1 Create timelines that identify important events in the history of Louisiana
- 3.1.3 Use distinctive vocabulary to sequence events related to Louisiana history
- 3.1.6 Compare and contrast the influence of cultural groups in Louisiana
- 3.1.7 Identify community and regional historical artifacts, including primary sources, to answer historical questions
- 3.2.1 Explain how major explorers and leaders contributed to the early development of Louisiana
- 3.2.3 Identify the causes and effects of migration on Louisiana
- 3.2.4 Identify cultural elements that have contributed to the state’s heritage
- 3.4.2 Explain historical patterns of settlement in Louisiana using maps
- 3.4.7 Describe the importance of natural resources in Louisiana using maps
- Claim 1 Why was control of Louisiana so important to France during the colonial era?
- Claim 2 How and why did the possession of Louisiana change over time?
- Claim 3 How did European colonization contribute to the development of Louisiana?
- French Colonial Migration
- Why was Control so Important (Google Docs Only)
- How did Spain Gain Louisiana?
- How did Louisiana change under Spanish Control?
- Control of Louisiana DBQ
- How has Louisiana changed over time?
- Item Set (Google Docs Only)