★★★★★INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK and WORKSHEET EDITION★★★★★
59 pages with 5 activities that focus on the Unit 3 Topic 1: Colonies of the 17th Century: Settlement Patterns topic as outlined by the Louisiana State Department of Education.
Students examine and research the first colonies in the New World to understand why colonists chose to emigrate and what colonists needed to have and do to successfully establish a permanent settlement/civilization. For example, they examine the geography of North America and draw on their knowledge of the regions of the United States to understand how geography contributed to the success of the colonies. Students also make connections between the available supply of resources in the New World and the scarcity and demand of those resources in Europe to understand how trade contributed to the success of early colonies in North America.
● Interactive notebook and worksheet versions of all the activities.
● Teacher guides and answer documents.
- Goals of European Colonization
- Colonization of the Americas
- Why did they settle there?
- Did geography impact the economic development of European colonies?