★★★★★INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK and WORKSHEET EDITION★★★★★
87 pages with 9 activities that focus on the Unit 2 Topic 2: Interactions between the Indigenous and the Explorers – Columbian Exchange topic as outlined by the Louisiana State Department of Education.
Students apply their “value-free” definition of civilizations to explore the different perspectives about and consequences of early interactions between European explorers and indigenous groups to understand what happens when cultures collide. For example, many European explorers viewed their societies as more “advanced” and, thus, more civilized than the indigenous groups they encountered. Ensure students recognize the bias and assumptions in that perspective.
● Interactive notebook and worksheet versions of all the activities.
● Teacher guides and answer documents.
- Columbian Exchange
- Cultural Diffusion
- Impact on the World Economy
- Impact on Native American Culture
- Impact of Europeans on Native American Lands
- New Technologies
- Cooperation and Conflict
- Impact on Africans