★★★★★DISTANCE LEARNING ADD-ON★★★★★
This product is made for people who have already purchased Unit 2 Topic 2 – American Colonies – Part B
NOTE: This product does not come with PDF Sources, Teacher notes, or PDF versions of the worksheets. If you want PDF Sources, Teacher notes, and PDF versions of the worksheets purchase Unit 2 Topic 2 Part A – American Colonies – Distance Learning
This version can be used in both Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams.
7 Distance Learning activities that focus on the Unit 2 Topic 2: Interactions Between Groups topic as outlined by the Louisiana State Department of Education.
- 4.2.3 – Explain the voluntary migration of people and its significance in the development of the boundaries of the United States.
- 4.5.2 – Analyze how physical characteristics of a region shape its economic development
- 4.5.3 – Identify and explain how the physical characteristics of a region influenced human settlement.
- Explain the reasons for the establishment of the Jamestown and Plymouth colonies (Jamestown was an economic venture for England, Plymouth was established by families who wanted religious freedom).
- Compare and contrast the climate and geographic features of Jamestown and Plymouth.
- Explain how life was different for colonists in the Jamestown and Plymouth colonies.
- Explain how geography and climate affected the survival of colonists.
- Explain how colonists interacted with Native American people to help ensure colonist survival
- How did the colonists’ reasons for migrating influence where they chose to settle?
- How did geography influence life and economic activities in the colonies?
● Google Slides and Microsoft PowerPoint versions of all the activities.
● Sources are digitally displayed online. (Subscription Needed)
● Teacher guides and answer documents.
- Expansion of Colonies
- Human, Natural and Capital Resources
- Why did England want resources?
- How did England use capital resources to gain natural resources?
- Why Slavery?
- Triangular Trade
- Item Set (Google Forms Only)