★★★★★INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK and WORKSHEET EDITION★★★★★
60+ pages with 7 activities that focus on the Unit 2 Topic 2: Interactions between the Indigenous and the Explorers – Conquistadors topic as outlined by the Louisiana State Department of Education.
Students apply their “value-free” definition of civilizations to explore the different perspectives about and consequences of early interactions between European explorers and indigenous groups to understand what happens when cultures collide. For example, many European explorers viewed their societies as more “advanced” and, thus, more civilized than the indigenous groups they encountered. Ensure students recognize the bias and assumptions in that perspective.
● Interactive notebook and worksheet versions of all the activities.
● Teacher guides and answer documents.
● Item Sets
- European Views of Indigenous People
- Motivations for Conquering the Aztecs
- Motivations for Conquering the Incas
- Warfare with the Aztec DBQ
- Impact on the Aztecs and Incas
- Task Set