★★★★★DISTANCE LEARNING EDITION★★★★★
7 Distance Learning activities that focus on the Unit 2 Topic 2: Interactions Between Groups topic as outlined by the Louisiana State Department of Education.
It also includes the original Interactive Notebook and Worksheet Edition Unit 2 Topic 2 – Part A – Conquistadors
This version can be used in both Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams.
Students apply their “value-free” definition of civilizations to explore the different perspectives about and consequences of early interactions between European explorers and indigenous groups to understand what happens when cultures collide. For example, many European explorers viewed their societies as more “advanced” and, thus, more civilized than the indigenous groups they encountered. Ensure students recognize the bias and assumptions in that perspective.
● Google Slides and Microsoft PowerPoint versions of all the activities.
● Sources are digitally displayed online. (Subscription Needed)
● Teacher guides and answer documents.
- European Views of Indigenous People
- Motivations for Conquering the Aztecs
- Motivations for Conquering the Incas
- Warfare with the Aztec DBQ
- Impact on the Aztecs and Incas
- Task Set (Google Forms Only)