★★★★★DISTANCE LEARNING EDITION★★★★★
10 Distance Learning activities that focus on the Unit 2 Topic 2: Interactions Between Groups topic as outlined by the Louisiana State Department of Education.
It also includes the original Interactive Notebook and Worksheet Edition Unit 2 Topic 1 – Early Exploration
This version can be used in both Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams.
- 4.2.1 -Explain how early explorations affected the expansion of boundaries and development in the United States.
- Explain the motivations of early Europeans explorers (gaining access to spices and natural resources, finding a sea route to access Asia’s resources instead of a land route, claiming new land for European countries to increase wealth).
- Explain the challenges faced by early European explorers (navigating across oceans, navigating to the right destination, securing funding from European countries, warring with indigenous peoples to take control of lands).
- Explain how European expansion affected the borders and territory of European countries by creating colonies in North and South America.
- Explain how European colonization affected the borders and territory of North and South America by claiming territories through taking land and spreading European languages (English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese).
- Explain how conflicts arose from colonization (Indigenous peoples fighting European explorers and armies to maintain their land and resources), and cooperation that occurred, too (exchange of goods).
- Explain the impact of European colonization on Native Americans (mass amount of deaths due to European diseases, mass amount of deaths due to wars with Europeans, loss of land and resources to European colonizers, exchange of resources-firearms, tools, horses).
- Construct a timeline of European exploration and colonization in North America (Columbus exploration of 1492, first French exploration to North America, first British exploration to North America, first Spanish exploration to North America, founding of Jamestown and Plymouth colonies).
● Google Slides and Microsoft PowerPoint versions of all the activities.
● Sources are digitally displayed online. (Subscription Needed)
● Teacher guides and answer documents.
- Motivations of Early Exploration
- Challenges of Early Exploration
- Changing Borders
- Conflict and Cooperation with Indigenous Peoples
- Impact of Exploration on Indigenous Peoples
- Test Prep (Google Forms Only)
- Expansion of Languages
- Timeline Activity
- Item Set (Google Forms Only)