★★★★★DISTANCE LEARNING EDITION★★★★★
9 Distance Learning activities that focus on the Unit 2 Topic 1 Louisiana’s Native Americans as outlined by the Louisiana State Department of education.
This edition combines the following to closely align to the companion document. It also includes the original Interactive Notebook Unit 2 Topic 1 – Native American Legacy and Unit 2 Topic 1 – Poverty Point
This version can be used in both Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams.
- 3.1.1 Create timelines that identify important events in the history of Louisiana
- 3.1.3 Use distinctive vocabulary to sequence events related to Louisiana history
- 3.1.6 Compare and contrast the influence of cultural groups in Louisiana
- 3.1.7 Identify community and regional historical artifacts, including primary sources, to answer historical questions
- 3.2.2 Differentiate between early Native American cultures that lived in the regions of Louisiana
- 3.2.4 Identify cultural elements that have contributed to the state’s heritage
- 3.3.3 Locate various communities and cities in Louisiana using cardinal and intermediate directions
- 3.4.2 Explain historical patterns of settlement in Louisiana using maps
- 3.4.3 Describe how people have changed the land to meet their basic needs over time in Louisiana
- 3.4.7 Describe the importance of natural resources in Louisiana using maps
- 3.10.2 Distinguish between the use of money and barter
- Claim 1 How did early Native Americans begin to define the unique culture of Louisiana based on the artifacts remaining from their historical period?
- Claim 2 How did the geography of each region of Louisiana impact the development of Native American culture in Louisiana?
- Claim 3 How did Native Americans adapt to living in Louisiana?
- Where and what is Poverty Point?
- Characteristics of a Poverty Point Indian
- Historic Native Americans of Louisiana
- Louisiana’s Geography
- How did Early Native Americans adapt to Louisiana?
- How did Native Americans Influence the Europeans?
- Changed Land
- Native American Influences on Louisiana Culture
- Item Set (Google Docs Only)