★★★★★INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK and WORKSHEET EDITION★★★★★
191 pages with 8 activities that focus on the Unit 1 Topic 2: Regions of the United States topic as outlined by the Louisiana State Department of education. These activities focus on answering the following standards and questions:
● 4.4.2 – Locate and label on a map the major physical features of each of the five regions of the United States and summarize how they affect the climate, economy, and population of each region
● 4.4.3 – Identify the states of each of the five regions of the United States
● 4.4.4 – Measure approximate distance on a map using scale to the nearest hundredth mile
● 4.4.7 – Use mental mapping to construct a map of the United States regions and the world to include map elements (title, compass rose, legend/key, scale)
● 4.5.1 – Compare and contrast the distinguishing physical characteristics of the five regions of the United States
● 4.5.2 – Analyze how physical characteristics of a region shape its economic development
● 4.5.3 – Identify and explain how the physical characteristics of a region influenced human settlement
● 4.6.1 – Illustrate how natural processes have created and/or changed the physical characteristics of places in the United States
● 4.6.2 – Describe the human impact on the land and bodies of water of the five regions of the United States
● Claim 1 – What is life like for people living in each region of the US?
● Claim 2 – How has geography and land influenced the way people live?
● Interactive notebook and worksheet versions of all the activities.
● Teacher guides and answer documents.
Activities that have links are currently included and updated within this bundle
● Regions of the United States
● Regions of the United States Simple Research Project
● Comparing and Contrasting the Regions of the United States
● Natural Disasters
● Natural Disasters Impact
● Human Impact
● Item Set